Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing Black? Solution (817)587-2017
Epson printer not printing black is one such issue. If you face this issue and need resolution then you are at the right place. You can follow the steps given in the blog or you could also reach out to the (817)587-2017 Epson printer customer support number.
Epson printers are of the best printers used globally. The design and features are the reason that makes them so popular. However, like every device, they might encounter issues. Epson printer not printing black is one such issue. If you face this issue and need resolution then you are at the right place. You can follow the steps given in the blog or you could also reach out to the Epson printer customer support number.
Reasons for Epson not printing black
If your Epson printer is not printing black, it could be due to the following reasons:
- An issue with the print head
- Erroneous settings
- Problem with drivers
- Epson printer communication error
- The trouble with cartridges, etc.
Epson printer troubleshooting procedure
Before we take up the resolution steps, it is important to execute some Epson printer troubleshooting steps given below:
- Switch off the printer and remove all the cables and cords of the printer
- Inspect if there is paper in the printer
- After waiting for some time, connect the cords and cables to the printer
- Check the printer settings
- Try a demo print
- Also, check the ink levels in the printer.
For any further assistance, you can contact the Epson printer helpdesk.
Steps to fix Epson printer not printing black
Issues with ink cartridge
The first step entails checking the ink levels of your cartridges.
- Open the cover of your printer and remove the cartridges.
- Inspect the ink levels. If low, replace them.
- While installing them back, ensure you put them in the correct slots.
- Verify that there is no clogging in the nozzles.
- If nothing works, try replacing the cartridges and see if the issue persists.
An issue with the print head
- You can execute a clean print head utility by accessing the settings of your printer.
- If there is no feature, remove the print head and clean it.
Issue with drivers
- Access device manager on your system.
- Select your printer
- Choose drivers and look for any new drivers.
- If yes, follow the screen commands and update them.
- Wait till the update is complete and see if your issue is fixed or not.
Issue with file
At times, the document may have issues. If you have downloaded it from the net, it might have faulty settings. Inspect the document and then give the print command.
An issue with paper settings
If the above procedures aren’t effective, chances are there is a problem with the paper settings. Ensure the paper is fed into the printer and the settings match. IF not, change it and try to print the document.
Given above are the steps to fix the Epson printer is not printing black. In case, an issue exists or you want to talk to an expert you can contact the Epson printer tech support number (817) 587 2017. We hope you find this article helpful.