How to Rank YouTube Videos in 2021
How to Rank YouTube Videos in 2021
With more than 600,000 hours of videos uploaded every day, YouTube is growing very fast. Today, people love to watch videos rather than reading big long posts. Do you know about 60% of executives would rather watch a YouTube video than reading text? And this number is huge. This means that YouTube video SEO or Search Engine Optimization can have lots of benefits including broader brand awareness, more sales & leads, and increased watch time.
We Know every person has to start from 0 views or subscribers. But, some of the people reach millions or even billions of views and subscribers while a few of them can only touch 40 or 50 people. But, one thing which makes the winner different from others is YouTube SEO.
What is YouTube SEO?
It refers to the process of optimizing YouTube videos and channels to rank higher in the organic search results of YouTube.
YouTube SEO Tips to Rank YouTube Videos in 2021
With the below mentioned best YouTube SEO tips, business owners and individuals can optimize their videos and appear on the first page for targeted keywords. Our best SEO tips for YouTube will also help you rank better on YouTube search results.
- Select your targeted keywords wisely
You must pick those keywords that can get you volume and are less competitive. You can also use a variety of keyword research tools including:
- Google Keyword planner
- Semrush and Moz
- Google search
- Wordstream's Free keyword Tool.
Ensure that you have used your targeted keywords in the following areas to increase your chances at ranking higher them.
- Tags and links
- Call to action (CTA)
- Title and description
- Transcripts and translations
- Always include the right tags
Remember, tags are for the reference of YouTube only. Your visitors can't see what you have included so feel free to add as many as your tag's variations. For example- If you stick with Instagram, you can use these:
- Life hacks
- Social media
- Social media tips
- Social media hacks
- Instagram hacks
- Always create high retention YouTube videos
You should create highly informative videos that can add value to the visitors. Here quality content will work best for you. Four important facts are mentioned below to boost your ranking on YouTube.
- Video comments: Large number of video comments means highly informative and engaging content. Also, always encourage your visitors to comment on your uploaded video.
- Video shares: The more your video will be shared on social media channels, the more organic visitors you will get. So, go for highly value adding content.
- Click Through Rate (CTR): The more people click on your video, the more is the CTR. Create attractive thumbnails to increase the CTR.
- Video length: Keep in mind that the long videos rank better in comparison to the short ones.
- Must engage your targeted audiences
Engaging your targeted audience for the first 30 seconds means you are going to retain 33 percent of them until your video ends. Some of the tips to how you can retain your audience are:
- You should start with creating a script
- Must include a short intro in the video starting to inform viewers about the video content.
- Create energy and passion for greater engagement
- Must set a promise in the starting and fulfill this promise at the end.
- Make your YouTube content better
There are some effective tips that you can use to make your YouTube content more engaging and attractive.
- No long intro and get the point fast
- You need to be strategic with video editing
- Create videos with good sound and light quality
- Must tell stories
- Provide viewers info that they can act fast.
- Optimize videos with your targeted keywords
There are several ways to optimize YouTube videos with keywords. For example-
- Must include the keywords in your videos by saying the targeted keywords. It will help YouTube to learn about the video.
- Ensure that your video title is 5 words long inclusive of the targeted keywords.
- Pick a YouTube category
There are a variety of categories in YouTube to pick from. You will easily find a category that suits your video. You can choose the category options when uploading the videos. Some of the YouTube categories are:
- Film & Animation
- News & Politics
- Education and so on.
- Now it's time to promote your video to grab views
This is the first step towards generating views and attracting traffic. Here are some tips on how you can promote your videos, take a look at them.
- Must embed the video in your blogs
- Use a playlist to grab more eyeballs. Keep in mind that if the visitor finds the next video good, then the retention rate will increase automatically.
- Must optimize your channel page by adding the relevant keywords to the channel description. Remember, a good-looking channel page is more attractive to YouTube. If you don't know how, contact Sam Web Studio, a leading SEO and digital marketing company in Delhi.
YouTube SEO can transform your company's brand marketing effectiveness. Businesses that are not optimizing their YouTube videos are missing a big opportunity. Our above mentioned Youtube SEO Tips in 2021 can help you in promoting your videos on YouTube.