Is It Important To Know About The Available Treatment Options For Your Veins?
Are you also suffering from vein diseases and looking ahead for treatment options? Many people are dealing with varicose vein disease and are not able to decide what to do and whom to visit. In this article we are focusing on questions included:
- What are varicose and spider veins?
- Causes of varicose veins
- Symptoms of varicose veins
- What is the treatment for varicose veins?
What are varicose and spider veins?
Many people aren’t able to recognize what veins they have. This is why they get confused and ignore this disease. If you are suffering from large, uncomfortable, and twisted veins that are dark purple and blue that means you have Varicose veins. Varicose veins are most commonly witnessed in the legs. If you are thinking What happens if a Varicose Vein goes untreated? These veins are not serious if you’ll get them checked at the initial stage. But if you avoid these veins, they can harm your health.
The number of people who are suffering from Spider veins is more than the varicose veins suffered by people. Spider veins are small veins that look like a spider web, they are red and blue and mostly found in legs or face.
Causes of varicose veins:
Varicose veins are the most common vein disease which is majorly caused due to genetic issues. Here are some other causes of varicose veins including:
- If you are overweight, your weight can be the cause of varicose veins
- If you are above 60 there can be a chance of witnessing varicose veins in your legs and abdomen.
- If you are a female this also can be a cause of varicose veins because varicose veins are more prone to female bodies.
- If you are not active
- If you have faced any leg injury
- Varicose veins are more likely to be caused if you are pregnant
- Smoking can also be the cause of veins
- Contraceptive pills
There are many treatment options for varicose veins are available including:
1. Elevate legs.
Your doctor must have suggested you elevate your legs above the level of your heart 3 or 4 times a day for about 15 minutes at a time. And your doctor also mentioned to you to avoid sitting and standing for long prolonged hours, because it can lower the chances of blood circulation. If you are suffering from the beginning of varicose veins, elevating your legs will help reduce swelling and relieve other symptoms.
2. Compression stockings.
Compressions stockings are elastic stockings that offer pressure to your legs which helps in popper blood circulation and opening in your blood clots.
3. Sclerotherapy and Thermal ablation:
Sclerotherapy is the common treatment for spider and varicose veins. This procedure has a saline or chemical solution which is injected into your veins for getting rid of varicose veins. The veins that don’t carry blood are the veins that need to be removed. Many doctors must have suggested you get Lasers or radiofrequency treatment for varicose veins. Thi procedure includes a small fiber that is inserted into your veins through a catheter and these laser or radiofrequency methods are used for delivering heat that demolishes the varicose vein.
Your doctor will make sure to check these factors before starting the procedure of getting rid of these varicose veins:
- Your age and medical history
- The severity of the condition
- signs and symptoms of your veins
- The tolerance level of medicines and procedure
- What is your opinion or preference
We hope you liked this article and it was helpful for you if you are looking to get treatment for your varicose veins to make sure to visit a nearby doctor for a recommendation from your vein doctor.