What Do You Know About The Treatment Of Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are abnormally large, twisted, and discolored veins often seen in the legs. Blood normally flows from the heart to the legs via arteries and then back to the heart via veins. One-way valves in veins allow blood to flow back from the legs against gravity. Blood accumulates in the veins if the valves leak, causing them to expand and become varicose. Varicose veins do not always need treatment. You can treat mild and moderate varicose veins that do not cause much discomfort with home remedies.
If the self-care measures fail to reduce the pain and symptoms of varicose veins then you can try the medical treatment. What is the treatment for varicose veins? There are several methods of treating varicose veins such as sclerotherapy, endovenous ablation, laser treatment, and more. In this article, we will discuss the endovenous ablation for varicose veins.
What will you experience during the endovenous ablation for varicose veins?
When they use lasers, you must wear protective eyewear.
The treatment region will be cleaned and numbed by the doctor.
- As the vein doctor will give you a local anesthetic, at the vein access site and down the vein's length, you will feel minor pinpricks.
- When the doctor inserts the catheter, you may feel some pressure, but no major pain or discomfort.
- Within a few minutes, the injected area will become numb.
Because it frequently requires several injections along the vein, injecting local anesthesia surrounding it is the most painful part of the process. The process of closing a vein with heat or laser is usually painless. You will need to wear a gradient compression stocking after therapy. This will assist to reduce bruising, pain, and the uncommon chance of blood clots forming. You will be able to resume your everyday activities immediately, with the exception of prolonged sitting or air traveling.
Stay active and do not spend too much time laying in bed during the recovery period. However, you should avoid strenuous physical activities and exercises for some time after the procedure. Visit a vein clinic near you to get the proper treatment for your varicose vein. If you don’t know What is a vein clinic, then it is a center where you’ll get all the necessary treatment you may need to deal with varicose veins.
What are the major benefits of endovenous ablation for varicose veins?
Here are some benefits of endovenous ablation-
- The ablation process is generally safe and complication-free
- There’s no requirement for surgical incisions
- It is less invasive than other surgical procedures
- Ablation is much more effective than traditional vein stripping techniques, and it is associated with much less pain during recovery.
- Ablation leaves no virtual scars because catheter placement requires a very small skin opening.
- Most people feel relief from symptoms and can return to their daily life very next day after the procedure with little or no pain
We hope the above information helps you learn more about endovenous ablation for varicose veins. In the above matter, we discuss the experience during endovenous ablation and the benefits of endovenous ablation. For a deep dive into endovenous ablation n for varicose veins check out veintreatmentnyc.com.